Thread: Neuroticism
View Single Post
MrBrains
MrBrains has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
You've only been divorced a year and are already planning a long future with a new girlfriend. Now I understand that people are all different in getting past break ups but for the life of me, I cannot help but think it's very quick to be making decisions like that after something like a divorce. Not only because of the break up but since you've only been divorced a year you can't have been with this new girl for all that long and you're already finding reasons to try and change her.

I stand by my idea that if you go into a new relationship and are trying to find ways to fix and/or change the other, likely it's not a solid ground to begin with. Regardless of what issues they have, if they need to change in order to be the person you are content with being in a relationship with, it kind of goes against the idea that they are right for you. don't make plans for long term based on ideas that may not happen.
I fine with a relationship. I've spent the last 2 years in IC and my wife checked out of our marriage many years ago. "finding reasons to try and change her"...Do you have experience with someone that's high in neuroticism? What kind of personality trait is right for someone that's high in neurotocism? Having a vision and a plan of my future is not a bad idea..is it?