LucyD :)

8 yr Member
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychNitrous View Post
I have a few different medical conditions, which means I have to have blood tests done nearly every time I visit the doctor. It's always an ordeal, my veins don't like to be poked and I have a pretty serious needle phobia. For example, today I went to the lab. It took 3 techs and 4 pokes to get the blood they needed. I used to think my problem was not being hydrated enough, since I usually have to be fasting so I go early. But today was still terrible, and I drank 50+ ounces of water in the hour before I got there. Does anyone know anything I can do that will make blood draws easier? Are there any tips or tricks to it?
They can't get blood out of my arms any longer after 35+ years of having blood tests and very often for most of that time. So now I tell them right away to use my hands. They get it right away with using my hands. I used to hate getting labs because they had a hard time finding my veins and it hurt!

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote