Thread: Sense of self
View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 19, 2019 at 04:50 PM

Most of my life I have had a pretty good idea of my sense of self. Only when I was extremely sick with bipolar disorder did "me" seem a bit lost, jumbled, and seemingly trapped.

I feel I am a myriad of feelings, sensations, and experiences more than a physical being. That I am part of and separate from the world around me. I have mostly been present, but not locked into a body or a place. I feel I can travel and become one with things like music or sounds, nature, love, pain, ecstasy, struggle, scents, longing, frustration, light, colors, contentment, temperatures, etc. Life, to me, is like a dance or flight which takes me to new places (of all sorts), and though it seemingly repeats some steps/routes, it is never really done in the exact same way.

I love information and absorbing/processing it, and playing with it to do new things, go new places, and to take me where it will. I've always believed that art and math and science are very much alike in many ways, and we all live all of these things. It is sort of a religion to me. That's how I see life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BipolaRNurse, Gabyunbound