Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
Hi Dnester...

Have you talked to your doctor about the bleeding? Yes, soaking more than a pad an hour for several hours is considered too much bleeding... when you talk to your doctor, you need to mention that specifically, because that helps them know objectively how much you're bleeding (otherwise, if you just say "a lot" - they can't really tell how much that is).

In the short term, I've read (and am using) that ibuprofen can help *decrease* bleeding. I take 4 pills (total = 800mg), 3x/day to help with cramps and bleeding. I'm having a weird period now where I'm not getting cramping, but am having SO MUCH blood that it's scaring me, and I started with the ibuprofen and it does seem to slow it down a bit (thankfully).

But - if you're on other meds, make sure you check with your doctor or check online, to be sure that they won't interfere with each other, and that you're not overdosing on one thing.

And, definitely talk to the doc when you can about the bleeding. I'm not sure what kind of help they can offer, but hopefully they can find something that helps.

All this stuff is so unfun, sorry you're suffering.
Thank you! I will!
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote