Thread: Letting go
View Single Post
Zararose
Zararose has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 20, 2019 at 05:39 AM

I'm a little glad to hear someone else thinks sexual conversations aren't okay between friends when you are in a relationship. He must've thought his conversations were okay because he showed me thinking he was reassuring me nothing was going on. And that may have been the case.
Perhaps there are couples who believe it's okay to talk about these things between friends.

I saw a public exchange he was having with another girl on social media. I said it made me feel uncomfortable but he said she talks like that to other guys too.
It didn't make me feel any better. It only made me feel guilty and hopeless again like this cycle will never end. I dont know when this started. My first boyfriend would say things to other girls behind my back (first time was with my best friend so that was the only reason I found out).

What really worries me is the unknown.

I remember someone telling me once that if you're going to talk or message a friend of the opposite gender more than your partner then why even be in the relationship? Do people actually believe that? Sometimes I think my BF talks to other girls (not always the same girl) more than me but I don't have any proof of that. He seems addicted to his phone and always has been. Plus his responses to me sometimes sound dry, lifeless like he's busy doing something else.
He will text female friends and tell me there's nothing to worry about. But.. what else is he really going to say to that? He's not going to willingly give me anything to worry about. I guess I've seen the types of conversations he's had with other girls, not to mention thinking they are okay, or how much he talks to them and I'm looking for the same if not more attention from him?

I can't control what he does or who he talks to. I just have to hope that if he does tire of me and genuinely wants to be with someone else then he will let me go first. But is that what I wait for?

So should i just not worry if I see him chatting with other girls? Do I just need to let it go and accept that he WILL talk to them and that he may talk and have 'fun with them or whatever?

Last edited by Zararose; Mar 20, 2019 at 05:52 AM..
Zararose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote