View Single Post
Anonymous46341
Anonymous46341 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 20, 2019 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso2632 View Post
I try to be positive and upbeat because really, the world needs more of that. One of my friends for instance. Who I've been friends with since I was 14.. told me a couple months ago that he could no longer be friends with me cause I'm going downhill to hard, I don't help myself and I don't listen to anyone.. this is when I was about a month sober, on the list to take my Cna test and calling around looking for possible employment. Obviously that wasn't enough to satisfy. And I guess I feel jaded cause I know what he does and he's not in active recovery, doesn't help himself, makes his wife do literally everything for him.. I dunno. Maybe he doesn't like seeing me dig my way out.. I know people are busy in their own lives. But if they have time to post and comment they have a minute to reply to me too. I guess I'm just sick of never being important enough in anyone's life to make any real impact.. ugh

Your sobriety, steps forward (getting a job), and all the the ways you share here are admirable to me. You are making a real impact.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Calypso2632