View Single Post
Velvet Lounger
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2019
182 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Why not broaden your breakfast eats? Soup is simply bliss in a bowl. Especially if it's homemade. And we're not just talking taste here. It can be made ahead, so easily frozen and just reheated in a pan or microwave. Soup is the perfect comfort food. It brings so many ingredients together in the pot and distinct tastes together at the table. Soup is an easy meal whatever the weather, whatever the season. What's more, soup lends itself to being made in big batches, so you've got plenty of leftovers to enjoy later without further fuss.

As a broth or tomato-based, soup itself can be a wholesome and nutritious meal. For few calories and little fat, you can enjoy soups that rank high in satisfaction and nutritional value, which my family love. And then there are cupboard finds, such as egetable stock cubes, dried fried onion and Bovril are great standbys as is Lee & Perrins Worcester Sauce. Not forgetting good honey.

Or use up cupboard and fridge food to make a splendid Mexican breakfast, treating yourself to a Saturday morning breakfast bonanza! There is a brilliant recipe for Mexican Breakfast by Jerusalem born Yotam Ottolenghi. I have the recipe for it if you can't find it.

You hold me still,
I always did,
I always will,
Love you, love you, love you.
Velvet Lounger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote