View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

WishfulThinker66 has no updates.

5 yr Member
117 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2019 at 10:53 AM

I think you are free to be who you are and to express that. With that said though you may come across situations where conforming may be necessary. What comes to mind is a dress code at work and so forth. Your employer does have the right to set a code as a condition of employment. As long as it is set out as such at the time of a job offer it must be adhered to. It wouldn't be breaking your rights. However, if your dress was brought up negatively without that code having been made aware to you at the point you were hired, that would be violating your rights.

As long as you are clean with the shirts and shoes thing adhered to, no one can deny you service.

I want to point out that I am 52 and do not dress like the average woman of that age. I express my more artsy fartsy granola eating whale loving tree hugging persona through my clothing choices. Sometimes it is pretty much out there. I am heavily tattooed too although this is becoming normal for women my age. Conforming for me has always been a problem and I have always tried to buck that as opportunity arises since my release from the Navy.

This only became problematic during a period I was extremely manic. I really really played up the outlandish appearance. In hindsight, it was pretty out there and I am a wee bit embarrassed.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote