View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by continuosly blue View Post
I really should have just stressed that it appears to be hormonal.
She doesn’t have any in relation to physical sex. Has no desire. No passion.
Cannot feel any pleasurable sensations. I don’t know if I really believe this.
I think it’s just personal because of a very long and contentious marriage.
( Too complicated to get into here ). Doesn’t want to even talk about any possible solutions, or new , or different approaches to the subject.
My basic question is this , ( and I’ve put this out there many times) : Does a woman need “ hormones “ to have any passion whatsoever. Do you need hormones to want to please your partner even though you can’t be pleased yourself. Maybe I just don’t believe her.
Hormones do play an important role in arousal and sexuality. I imagine if she felt nothing at all every time you two had sex and she just kept going through the motions with you each time, that could feel traumatic for her...maybe a bit like having her body used? I'm not suggesting that's how you'd view it or want it. Just looking at it from both sides. Also, if her hormones are out of whack that can cause vaginal dryness so sex could be very painful for her. A lot of women experience that.

With regard to your wife not wanting to talk or try other options, that could very well be due to the emotional problems you mentioned that you've both had in your marriage. So, based on what you posted it sounds like she wouldn't be open to speaking with a therapist...do I have that right?

It's a really tough situation. You have my empathy Continuously Blue.

May I ask if you love your wife? Are there still traits you appreciate about her? How long have you been married?

If you'd rather not answer those, no problem.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote