View Single Post
whimsicalman

Member Since Jul 2018
105 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2019 at 12:27 PM

I totally feel that it is, for me. I can't see how it can't be. But, in conjunction with what sarah said, I say this as a gay man in a world where there is still division of identity labels. My entire world view and interaction with the world is through the lens of my sexual identity. As I continue to accept that, I sometimes consider the whole notion of "my sexuality is only one part of who I am" as a principle of LGBT equality. While I get that and support it as part of the argument that, in the larger picture, people are people, equal on all counts, I also must argue that our sexualities do separate us in some things, especially when it comes to consumerism. We still need our own safe spaces. We still need our stories to be represented in media. We still need products created and marketed for our communities. Unless we actually lived in a world undivided by labels of gender, race, class, sexuality, religion, etc. I cannot see how our sexualities wouldn't be a significant part of our identities.
whimsicalman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote