LucyD :)

8 yr Member
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2019 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidso View Post
I used to go to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent 52 years focused on "earning my living" through working. When I was young I even had a week job, and evening job and a weekend job.

My time was devoted to buying clothes to impress people at work, getting my hair done for work, getting sleep so I would be fresh for work, doing cultural things so that I had something to discuss at work - polishing my ego so that it stood up there with the competition.

All of that gave me confidence, an organised approach to things, and some artistic/ creative things that I loved. I enjoyed work but there was too much time spent sitting in that chair just because I was paid to do so.

I think that I was lucky, nothing in my early life made it inevitable that I would find interesting work that fit with me or that gave me a secure home to live in.

Now since a few months, I don't work... and there has been a period of difficult adjustment to that.

I've let go of continually comparing myself with others and competing with them.
It can be difficult to adjust to not working. I don't work either any more but have plenty to do around the home. I guess there are rewards in that, too. Just have to look for them.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, Travelinglady