WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2019 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Hello Aimlesshiker. I'm sorry you're having a tough time

Question: is your landlord giving you notice before entering the home? That's a legal requirement. it's not always specified in hours in the law, often it will say "reasonable notice" but generally landlords will give you notice at least the day before. Did she do that? She shouldn't just be in and out showing up whenever she feels like it.
Aimlesshiker - I think SilverTrees might have a point when it comes to regular rental arrangements but I get the impression these are not your circumstances.

Am I correct in understanding you live in a group situation with shared common spaces like the kitchen? Am I correct in understanding this is not so much a landlord situation as a management situation?

If this is the case then no, the woman does not require permission to check on these spaces. In fact, it is her job to do so. In addition, you and the other residents in the home have responsibilities to keep the place clean. If my understanding of the circumstances of the living arrangement are correct then this is not a usual rental arrangement. The laws then SilverTrees refers to apply only to your private room.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote