View Single Post
mindmechanic
mindmechanic has no updates.

8 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 06:11 AM

The therapist moved out of state in June last year. She was in town for a visit last week since October last year. So that's five months. I have a spring break coming up and was thinking of heading East and stopping by her state for a few days so that we could do in-person. Her schedule is very tight and has limited availability. So I asked her whether there's flexibility that she could do a single or a double session during the weekend on Saturday or Sunday. She said she doesn't want to cancel what she has going on. I thought more about it after therapy and went back to ask her about it. She said that she doesn't work on weekends anymore and that she wasn't going to make an exception just because I'm in town for a visit. I said that that's rigid. Once when I had something major going on, her coworker talked with me on the phone on a Sunday evening even though she wasn't my therapist and wasn't getting paid. So it hurts that my own therapist is being so rigid and inflexible.

How often is it that we get to do in-person therapy? Hardly. If I'm in town for a visit, you'd think a therapist would be flexible and not **** about it and would spare 45 minutes out of the weekend for therapy. Is that too much to ask? When something is hard to come by, you'd think people would be more flexible about and not let it slip by.

I said I only asked because you've limited availability during the weekday. I said it's just a logistical matter. She said it's not just a logistical issue. It's her personal time and she isn't going to make exceptions just because I'm in town. When she put it that way, she sure didn't make it a logistical issue. I mean, which patient isn't going to feel hurt by it? Even a patient who is soon to graduate from therapy would feel hurt if their therapist is so anally rigid like that.
mindmechanic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, unaluna