View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 06:14 AM

I wish I didn't have this difficult new client. They are not helping my anxiety problem.

They picked apart my work last week, so we as a team had to defend ourselves. I feel like the director on their team is just looking for reasons to fire us already.

He seems to have a negative attitude towards us, and it's probably because another team from my company messed up their portion of the work. They're also coming off of a negative experience working with a different company for their project, so they're very skeptical of our work now, scrutinizing and questioning every little detail along the way.

So now all this pressure is on ME to perform and to keep the client happy. That is why my boss pressured me last week to get this project done asap.

I am glad I took the time I needed with it though, in order for my boss to say it was "perfect". That's music to my ears right now. I suppose that may be what matters the most? If my boss is happy with my work?

I have to anticipate that this client is going to be difficult and will probably come back with criticism or questioning of this, that, and the other with what I handed in to them. So today I am bracing myself for that possibility.

I have to manage my anxiety somehow. I don't want to take my "as needed" anxiety med every single day as a result of my work making me overly anxious. But I feel like I need to take it today. I suppose I could since I haven't in a couple days.

ARGH. Damn anxiety. It's going to make me nuts.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879, zapatoes