Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull&Crossbones View Post
Considering my own parents would be frustrated at me for calling just to say hi and not having a real reason to call, I don't know if saying hi, what's up? to someone I haven't talked to in a while is appropriate or not. How do you initiate contact with someone? The only person I feel able to initiate contact with is my ex because he hasn't seemed to mind me saying hi for the sake of saying hi either during the relationship or afterward. How do you stay in contact with people? You're not supposed to ever need anything from anyone else, but then there's no other reason to talk to anyone because you have to have a specific reason to do so or you're just wasting their time I guess.
it depends on the person you plan or want to get in contact with. Is it something they are ok with? There really is no general rule against it, it's entirely subjective and relative to the relationship or connection with the other people.

this caught my eye and piqued my curiosity:
Quote:
You're not supposed to ever need anything from anyone else, but then there's no other reason to talk to anyone because you have to have a specific reason to do so or you're just wasting their time I guess

I'm curious as to what you base this idea on, where it came from that you think you're never supposed to need anything from anyone else. That's what being friends and family is all about, having someone to support us and we can lean on them from time to time and they willingly give us the support we need.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WishfulThinker66