View Single Post
Skull&Crossbones

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
I'm curious as to what you base this idea on, where it came from that you think you're never supposed to need anything from anyone else. That's what being friends and family is all about, having someone to support us and we can lean on them from time to time and they willingly give us the support we need.
With friends, I do whatever they need in exchange for companionship. With family, only financial and practical support is possible. I'm not sure where emotional support is supposed to come from...I guess I mistakenly thought that was the role of a significant other. If you receive emotional support from a friend while you're in a relationship, isn't it considered cheating? I mean, according to all the posts on this site, almost everything is considered cheating...especially when said friend provides emotional support while your significant other is treating you badly and shows that they're the only one in the world capable of comforting you and defending you. That was a big reason why I was hesitant to continue a friendship with her. I was in a relationship and she's still married.

Although, if I ever date again, I don't think I will ask for emotional support. Most people are incapable of providing and eventually make me feel bad for asking...and anyone capable is married so I can't really ask for emotional support from them. So I guess the trick is never needing emotional support.

Even after the good suggestions, I'm still unsure if I should contact her or exactly what I'd say. I've been trying to figure it out for months.
Skull&Crossbones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949