View Single Post
Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 10:12 AM

I’m wondering when the transference will stop. In particular, I’m wondering about the strong desire for email responses from my T despite the fact that he’s made it clear he won’t reply (but will willingly read) and despite the fact that I can respect this boundary at least on a logical, adult level.

I had an a-ha moment this weekend where I genuinely felt like I was mourning the loss of my mother who is very much alive, just not available to me emotionally. I had a brief moment where I imagined her telling me something unequivocally positive and mom-like and it made me genuinely sad to realize I won’t get that from her because she’s not capable. I cried about it and it even felt cathartic. Later I realized that what I imagined wanting from her (a positive response) was exactly what I have been longing for from my T. This felt like a huge revelation. I would think that this would allow me outgrow that young sort of obsessive desire for email replies from my T. Will that happen eventually? Because despite having this realization, I think I still kind of feel like I’d like him to respond. I want him to respond in a way that I’d like my mom to respond. I’m hoping that this experience and realization will help me move past this, but I’m not sure and would welcome any thought.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous56789, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty