sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso2632 View Post
Things have come quickly to a head. As it gets closer to me getting employed the angrier he seems. And the drunker. I'm not allowed to express my feelings. That I'm stressing about my background check and anxious about starting a new job. I'm at fault because I can't walk the mile and a half to work and he can. He's not obese with chronic pain issues. Like he expects me to fall into certain categories I don't fit into.
Wow. It sounds like you are not very happy. And if you stopped drinking and he isnt going to, can you live with that? are you happy living this way?
Quote:
I am my own person. I'm sick to death of tip toeing around as to not hurt his sensibilities when he outright shoves **** in my face. He imposes his own sense of worthlessness when I never tell him any such thing. Only try to build him up and encourage him to make better choices. He constantly flaunts that he does everything while my efforts are unacknowledged.
Not saying he is for sure an alcoholic but if he is, then the "persecution" behavior is a way to justify getting drunk and shift the blame. Having a pity party is his way of not being responsible for his own behavior.
Quote:
I feel constantly sabotaged and I'm getting pissed. I want my power back. No human should treat another this way. I wallowed in alcohol for years and finally found change. He says this is how it's going to be for him. So refusal to change anything. Everyone in his life is at fault or the bad guy but him. Sometimes he says he knows he screwed up but never owns or really apologizes for it. I know I can't change or fix him. But I do love him. I've got to protect myself somehow tho..
I do not know your personal situation but my gut response is, why are you with this guy? I've seen your other thread. What is it about him that you love and can you even feel that anymore? He thinks everyone is against him and guess what? With that attitude you will never win and he will always have a reason for his misery. If you agree that everyone is out to get him and he is worthless-you are confirming his beliefs. If you disagree you are against him or dont believe him. How can you possibly communicate with someone like that?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky