View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 02:03 PM

My mood says it all. I just feel blah today.

My daughter is off from school again. They detected high levels of benzene in the air near that plant that had the fires. They say all the monitors around here and even the borders of the town where the incident occurred never showed unhealthy levels, but who knows. We were never under a shelter in place though I live near the border of the city where the incident occurred and in fact, probably a 10 minute drive from that plant, less if you take away all the traffic lights and around 2 blocks from the shelter in place that was active earlier. Winds are light though shifting in the direction I live. It wouldn't surprise me if they close school again tomorrow even if the air monitors are OK or supposedly so. I think a lot of parents will be keeping their kids home tomorrow anyway just in case as we live so close to the ITC plant.

I hope I am feeling blah just because, which is stupid, but another reason I'd be this groggy and nauseous could be exposure to benzene being that I live close to that plant, and we have been running our air conditioning today and did last night too. When there is a shelter in place because of a chemical incident, you are not to run the AC or any heating systems (and obviously keep the doors, windows, etc. closed and not go outdoors). Our house is older too, not highly insulated, and there are a few drafty spots in the windows and doors.

Ugh, just got an alert on my phone that there is an air quality alert of severe in effect...ozone, high pollen, God knows what else from that chemical plant...

Really, I am so over this plant incident. It has gotten me so paranoid

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, beauflow, Innerzone, rwwff, Sunflower123, TheSeaCat, Unrigged64072835