View Single Post
absolutelybroken
absolutelybroken has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender. View Post
It could well be selective mutism. Do you have a therapist or Psychiatrist? My daughter has it and we have just found an app called text to speak to help her communicate.
Thank you for replying. I just got a therapist, and he seems pretty cool. But I'm afraid I'll never grow out of this.

The only reason I don't feel it's SM is because mine feels as if it's just knowledge based. I would totally interact with people if I just knew how. But maybe my wanting the knowledge is actually just my anxiety. But I feel as if I just flat out don't know how to respond sometimes. Like, I don't know how to describe this. It's almost like playing tennis, the ball is coming towards you, and you don't know how to hit it back. Or you don't know how to serve the ball.

But it could be my anxiety. But I don't always think "I don't want to say this because it might come out wrong." It usually feels like I just have a blank mind.

You could tell me a joke, and if I don't find it funny, I will stand still, expressionless, absolutely confused about what to say or how to behave because nothing comes to mind.

What bothers me is that I feel like a totally normal person. I shouldn't be going through this. I don't feel abnormal in any way. I am totally aware, conscious, I can see myself. I just flat out don't know what to say or do.
absolutelybroken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky