View Single Post
Skull&Crossbones

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
You know what Skull&Crossbones, I think you are an ideal friend for most people. You are so considerate and respectful of other people's boundaries. You demonstrate self-regulation and moderation that some people lack.
You really deserve good friends.

The thing about people with families is that their first obligation is their families and they are often busy with them. I think the trick is to eventually find a single friend who are capable of providing emotional support. It takes time, but I'm wishing you the best!
I’m not sure I respect boundaries so much as I’m conscientious. If I get close to someone, they’ll have to have strong boundaries because I’ll have a harder time.

I know most people’s first obligation is to family. That’s why I often wish I had a significant other. Not like I would expect to be first obligation, I mean that would go to their real family, pets, real best friend, job...hopefully I would at least rank higher than at least some of their friends and have someone to go places with etc. I would at least have someone I could make first priority so I wouldn’t have to take on all the overtime.

I don’t think I should be friends with single people...if they actually provided me with emotional support I would just fall in love with them and get my heart broken.
Skull&Crossbones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, unaluna