Thread: The tough stuff
View Single Post
darkside8

Member Since Dec 2018
24 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 03:48 PM

T said she’d like to see more of us becoming comfortable about talking about things that are difficult. This is because I find it really hard to be emotionally vulnerable - I’m uncomfortable with both how I feel, and sharing how I feel. This will involve poking into some deeper stuff, emotions and sitting with the discomfort I feel. She said we will take it slow, focussing on a little at a time and understands how tough this will be.

I know many of you have experienced doing this in therapy, and so I’m interested to know if, and how, this has been useful?

T mentioned it’s about me being ok with some of the things that make me feel really uncomfortable, as there’s a need for me to express myself, but there’s still a resistance. So will these experiences of discomfort in therapy be to process difficult things and/or learn to be more emotionally vulnerable with others? What am I going to get out of it? (I’m thinking, certain discussions with a T is different to talking about those things with other humans. Sitting with emotions/discomfort in therapy won’t necessary mean I can do it outside of therapy with other people?)
darkside8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LostOnTheTrail, Omers, SlumberKitty