Thread: Labled
View Single Post
cincidak
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2016
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 04:03 PM

Can you afford to see another psychiatrist? My last psychiatrist wouldn't really treat my anxiety. I'm labeled as schizoaffective, along with agoraphobia, and panic disorder. My psych doc kept prescribing the lowest dose possible of antianxiety medications. My other symptoms are mostly under control. I have a new psych nurse now who is trying something different. Your medical records don't have to be transferred to a new psych doc. You can just tell the new doctor that you disagree with an earlier diagnosis and would like to be reevaluated because you are hearing voices nonstop, and you want relief from these symptoms. When I was first diagnosed it was bipolar type 1. My doctor put me on a mood stabilizer, which did nothing, and several different antanxiety medications. 10 years later, and a lot of trial and error I think my symptoms are mostly under control, and I believe I have the correct diagnosis now. I currently take five different psych meds. I hope you are able to get some relief soon.

Prozac 20mg
Geodon 80mg
Saphris 10mg
Lamictal 150mg

All I can offer is my heartfelt honesty
cincidak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote