Grand Member

xmascarol has no updates.

5 yr Member
9 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1934 View Post
I was just doing some reading over the weekend about the value of allowing ourselves to feel and accept uncomfortable emotions. Society is very "positive pushy". It's seems that we're almost programmed into thinking if we aren't feeling happy and content, there is something wrong with us. I believe sometimes we should allow ourselves to be comfortable with discontent. By pushing it away or thinking something is wrong with it, we're pushing away the things and events that caused us to feel those things.
Maybe your strange feelings should just be allowed for a bit. Accept them. Know that they aren't strange because they do have meaning and represent part of your life.
If there are senior social or recreation centers in your area, maybe you could check them out.
Maybe going to sit at the park would feel nice.
If I were nearby, I would come pick you up and go to the park with you.
I cant leave my house I have very bad agoraphobia,I can sit outside and knit during the spring and summer .Staying inside really gets to me,The only time I can go out is to my doctors even then I have a hard time with it.Thanks for the offer though.I love to watch the trains go by noisy but that is okay,people here are very nosy and complain about everything,
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote