Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyingEyes View Post
Yeah. I have a very hard time understanding why it's so devastating to her. I know she wants to put her hands on my breasts and whatever often, and I get that it may be kind of annoying that she can't, but all the tears confuse me. She said this morning that she wants to feel "close" to me but we were like snuggling when she said that and I was like, what?? We are close. Why does her hand need to be on my crotch or breasts for us to be close? I snuggle with her all the time...I wish I could understand exactly why it is so important to her.

That sort of feels like a form of control to me on her part..... I still cannot put my finger on it. Does she have trouble with boundaries in general and respecting your privacy or private time? Do you take any private time to yourself? To see your own friends for example or to do your own activities without her?

It does sound like she has trouble understanding and appreciating boundaries. Anyone who DOES understand personal boundaries wouldn't be so hurt by this, or in tears. It also seems very contradictory to be in tears about it when you are snuggling and cuddling being close.

I wonder if you could have a candid heart to heart with her about why it is so important to her? To hear her out and also to express to her why it's so important to you that she not touch you when you don't want to be touched? Perhaps you need to really talk it out more and hear each other's sides so as to come to more of an understanding together?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LyingEyes