Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 21, 2019 at 07:23 PM

Hello idontcare101: I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to Psych Central. Since you're still a student one additional forum, here on PC, that may be of interest would be the school & study issues forum. Here's a link:

https://forums.psychcentral.com/scho...-study-issues/

And then, since it sounds as though you'll be graduating soon, the work & careers forum may be of interest:

https://forums.psychcentral.com/work-and-careers/

I'm not sure what to tell you with regard to your situation other than to agree with what you wrote at the end of your post. You have to stop worrying about your mother & your brother, make a career for yourself, & build your own life, deal with your own problems. Personally I don't know as there is any secret regarding how to do it. You just have to do it. The first step may be simply getting out on your own if you're currently living with your mother & brother. It's going to be extremely difficult to free yourself from the struggles you're dealing with as long as you continue to live under the same roof.

Here are links to 3 articles, from Psych Central's archives, that talk about narcissistic mothers & their relationships with their children. Perhaps some of the insights in them can be of help in putting your situation into perspective:

Narcissistic Mothers

8 Ways Narcissistic Mothers Emotionally Abuse Their Children

Recovering from Your Narcissistic Mother: Seeing the 6 Effects

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote