Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,619 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyingEyes View Post
Haha, if you do put your finger on it, let me know! I'd love your insight. I do think she has some boundary issues, and I believe it's because her last girlfriend had low self esteem and pretty much did whatever she (my gf) wanted. That's the impression I got--I can't be sure. However, I am NOT like that one bit, and she seemed shocked by how stubborn I am about my boundaries. Lol.

I try often to have conversations with her about it, but she is not a very effective communicator. I generally have to breach the subject and then ask her very specific questions. It's really rare for her to just voice her mind without being prompted. I've asked her why she thinks it's so important, and she either shrugs, says that the relationship feels 'too platonic' without it, or that it just bothers her that she 'cant touch and be close to me'.

LOL. Well, I do suspect this has to do with a general lack of boundaries, or respect for personal boundaries. She may not understand what that means within a relationship.

It just seems SO odd for her to feel that she is not close with you when she IS in fact close with you and cuddling. And that you want intimacy and enjoy it. It doesn't add up -- her feelings that is.

It's like she wants her way with you whenever SHE wants, and not according to what you want. Something is really off to me about that.

I know you said you are each other's favorite company and everything else is great, which is what seems so odd about this one aspect. There's a lack of respect going on here. Almost like she feels a sense of entitlement to YOUR body.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3