View Single Post
Anonymous49426

Default Mar 21, 2019 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyingEyes View Post
Haha, if you do put your finger on it, let me know! I'd love your insight. I do think she has some boundary issues, and I believe it's because her last girlfriend had low self esteem and pretty much did whatever she (my gf) wanted. That's the impression I got--I can't be sure. However, I am NOT like that one bit, and she seemed shocked by how stubborn I am about my boundaries. Lol.

I try often to have conversations with her about it, but she is not a very effective communicator. I generally have to breach the subject and then ask her very specific questions. It's really rare for her to just voice her mind without being prompted. I've asked her why she thinks it's so important, and she either shrugs, says that the relationship feels 'too platonic' without it, or that it just bothers her that she 'cant touch and be close to me'.
It doesn't sound like you're being so stubborn about your boundaries, in my opinion, just that you have healthy boundaries. She sounds like the stubborn one.

You gave a lot of good information in this post in my opinion. It sounds like she's used to getting her way. Were her parents like that too? Did they let her do whatever she wanted? Regardless, it sounds like she walked all over her previous gf, at least, that's the impression you got. You don't sound sure though. I wonder why?

What other people are saying here sounds correct. It sounds like she has an issue with boundaries. I hope you keep sticking to your boundaries.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote