View Single Post
LyingEyes

Member Since Aug 2013
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2019 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptak View Post
It doesn't sound like you're being so stubborn about your boundaries, in my opinion, just that you have healthy boundaries. She sounds like the stubborn one.

You gave a lot of good information in this post in my opinion. It sounds like she's used to getting her way. Were her parents like that too? Did they let her do whatever she wanted? Regardless, it sounds like she walked all over her previous gf, at least, that's the impression you got. You don't sound sure though. I wonder why?

What other people are saying here sounds correct. It sounds like she has an issue with boundaries. I hope you keep sticking to your boundaries.
I don't think she grew up with a lot of rules, but she's such a mellow person she never really acted out anyways. I didn't mean to make it sound like she walked all over her girlfriend...really I don't have much insight into that relationship. I just know that her previous gf was insecure, and that she was apparently able to touch her without the issues she's currently having with me. She told me that she was the more dominant person in her last relationship. I found this surprising because, outside of bed (and, honestly, it it most of the time), my gf is very passive. I am always the one pushing for things and making decisions. I wonder if she's having difficulty relinquishing some of that previous control, and this is the thing she struggles with most?

To be clear, I do not strive to be the dominant one in this relationship, but I am more forward and I think that's kind of the path it's taken. I am also a better communicator, and I think that gives me another element of control, because I am able to set boundaries and voice my opinions more effectively. Just some extra thoughts...
LyingEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope