arich62
arich62 different information

8 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelife88 View Post
I am a codependent, people pleaser. I hate it. I cannot say no to people even if the world depended on it. I feel like other people are my responsibility even though I know they are ultimately responsible for themselves. I do not like conflict so I agree to anything to avoid conflict or someone being mad at me. I get resentful after the deed is done. I hate who I am, and the way I have been conditioned to behave.

Alot of my codependency and people pleasing habits come from my childhood abuse. Therapy seems to help, I recommend the same for you. Having a safe space to share your thoughts and feelings will help you a bit.
Thanks! I do attend a therapy session on Tuesday and will bring up issues of codependency and the caregiving mess. I too hate it, especially when having to deal with an older sister who I allow to push me over even though she belittles me and a pathological liar. It's real frustrating and probably will end up moving to a place and state I don't like but away from the person that makes my life a wreck right now.
arich62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote