Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,617 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyingEyes View Post
Yes, I get the feeling of entitlement too. Maybe possessiveness? I really don't know. To me, it is strange, because if she told me that touching her in some way made her uncomfortable i wouldn't want to touch her like that...because I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I'm trying to like pick her brain to understand what underlying meaning it has for her. I don't want her to feel rejected, or like she has to be on eggshells around me.

I thought you made a really valuable insight here, which I bolded. You wouldn't do this yourself because you're sensitive to how she would feel about it. It doesn't seem that she disrespects you otherwise, but it feels to me like she's disregarding your own feelings?

She's taking it as a rejection, but it's not. And she feels entitled to your body without any boundaries being established. I don't know if it's a need for some control or dominance because she's more passive? You mentioned possessiveness.. is she overly possessive of you otherwise?

I guess we could sit here and analyze it to death and still not have the real answers. But I think you're onto something here. There's something going on where she's not respecting or valuing your feelings enough, I believe.

You probably wouldn't cry if she put up the same type of boundary telling you it makes you uncomfortable, nor would I. It feels very one-sided, this aspect of things, like she's only considering her feelings and not yours.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, KD1980