Innerzone FML

10 yr Member
31.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
So idk if I have bipolar, BUT you guys I trust...

Ever since my pdoc upped my lexapro dose, I haven’t been able to stop pacing around. I literally can’t sit still in one spot for more than a few minutes. For example, I squirm in my chair at work—often changing positions—and have to constantly be walking around. My heart is racing as well. I feel like I need to be on the move, and I even fidget while walking. Figuratively speaking, I feel like I have some sort of “energy” emanating from my legs, if that makes sense. And that “energy” is why I keep pacing. I want to burn it off so that I can relax. But of course I can never seem to burn it off...

I got to work at 5:30 this morning and paced around the building for a solid 20 mins (because no one was here).

Is this Akathisia or something else?
Sigh. Well, it could be akathisia, rising hypomania, or a mixed episode, but whatever it is, this is what comes of playing doctor, denying symptoms and picking and choosing meds based on that denial. Sorry to be so blunt.

When I was on lexapro, it was because I was misdiagnosed MDD (by a GP). Not grasping that my overly-high energy reaction to it was due to BP, she increased it, which of course only made things worse. It was a hellish time, till I got properly dx'd, off the lexapro and got on a mood stabilizer.

It pains me to think where this is headed (and in fact has already shown itself through paranoia etc.). I wouldn't wish that road on anyone, least of all you. Please be 100% honest with your pdoc. He cannot help you if you are going to play games.

I wish only the best for you. Please take care.

--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341

Thanks for this!
luvyrself, tecomsin, ~Christina