View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 22, 2019 at 10:38 AM

From mid to late May of last year I had a severe manic episode with psychosis. My husband and I were on a vacation in Portugal. It started with hypomania and intermittent anxiety features, then progressed to full blown. It was at its worst on our way home in airports. Airports are highly triggering for me. I had a visual hallucination where the digital signs in London Heathrow were showing that time stopped and that I would never get to our gate. Then I thought a woman infected my pen with anthrax. I was panicking and washing my hands over and over and wanted to throw out my courier bag, but my husband wouldn't let me. We almost missed our plane back to the US and my husband was afraid I wouldn't be allowed on the plane, but luckily I was. On the plane, my husband was crying. Then when we reached the US, the customs was hell and I was ranting loudly with people staring at me. I refused to stand in line. I waited at the top of the line for hubby to reach me, ranting things about the stupidity of the people that came up with the customs procedures and telling the people in line that when they got to the top they'd have to give a stool sample. Yup! This was not my worst episode. I've had much lesser episodes since then, but nothing note-worthy.

Q: What type of bipolar episode was your worst?