View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 22, 2019 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I have a hard time with number 9 (move everyday). I am recovering from limited mobility. I can clean my house and that's becoming more and more each day. I hope that counts. I hear so much about how exercise can release feel good hormones, thus being beneficial for mental health.
Yes, movement is really important for releasing dopamine which gives us a feeling of joy and well-being. Sorry that you are having some limitations but any movement counts. If you are doing chores, that's wonderful! If some day you are not able to, could you sit in a chair and do motions with your arms and legs? Just keep thinking of safe ways you can move at all.

One great study I read said that even a 15 minute walk outside (natural light, near trees or water) can help to re-balance our neurotransmitters...thereby helping with anxiety and depression. That may not be something you can do but perhaps in the future? Or maybe you can get help to go outside and do arm or leg movements in a chair out in the sun or in a park or something.

I wish you peace and healing Deilla
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44144

Thanks for this!
Deilla