View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 03:31 PM

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but I *think* I know where you are coming from. With my former T who was actually T2, I was very attached and I have still very strong feelings of love for her (platonic, not romantic). I think she too tapped into some very young parts of me that didn't get something that was needed from Mom. Mom, btw, had an un-diagnosed MI at that time. I'm not sure if it was transference that I had toward T2 but there were definitely different feelings with that T than I have had with any of the others. It was a very good therapy experience and I wish it hadn't had to come to an end. But maybe it is better because I have had to grow in ways I wasn't growing with her. But I've never loved anyone else like I loved T2. She will forever be special in my heart, and she's the only T that I've discussed some things that happened when I was very little. So I think there may be a connection between that therapy love and early childhood distress, at least in my case. HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
SalingerEsme