Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2018
9 hugs
given
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust to Dust View Post
Anxiety OCD depression

1st therapy appointment: Anxiety hit the roof. It was in an unfamiliar location. It was at night. I get anxious driving so my partner took me. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to drive there because the roads are only side parking and that terrifies me. I had anxiety thinking I hit the wrong button on the elevator. I had anxiety in the elevator thinking it would stop working and I would be stuck on it. I had anxiety thinking I hit the wrong floor button even though I hit the 2nd floor. I had anxiety once I got to the floor because it was so late and nobody was in the building. I had anxiety once I saw my therapist for the first time. I tried not judging her because she’s a nice lady but I don’t think she’s the right match for me. She has a hunched back and glass eyes. I automatically had anxiety from her. I cried my entire session which felt good but I felt like I didn’t get out anything in those 45 minutes I had. I felt like I needed to wash my hands and body the entire time in the room because I felt dirty. I felt like I smelt like that room after I left.

2nd therapy appointment: I’ll give her another chance. Anxiety wasn’t as bad because this session was in the morning. Anxiety was bad because I still needed my partner to drive. I thought she was mad and that’s all I could think in the back of my head. I couldn’t stop picking my chin apart because of it. Anxiety was still bad because I thought I pressed the wrong elevator button. Inside the elevator there was a sign saying that something would stop working on today’s date and all I could think about was the elevator breaking. My therapist told me that was for the residents who also live in that building. I arrived at the wrong time because in my head I thought it was set for 8am but it was 845am. I sat on the couch picking my face more. I still don’t think I got much out from the session. The sessions feel short and I feel like I’m not getting the advice I need. I feel like I’m staring at her glass eyes and I can’t tell her that’s why I’m distracted. She also started drooling and I couldn’t look away. It fell from her mouth and down her shirt and she didn’t wipe it or realize it was happening.

Am I horrible? I know I need a therapist who I can feel connected to. I want to feel refreshed after a session and all I feel right now is like throwing up. Ugh.
Let me tell you something no you are not horrible.I had gone to about four different therapist and none of them helped me.All they would ever say you have to get out more if I could I would.They dont get my agoraphobia at all,You are very brave going on a elevator by yourself there is no way in hell I would do that.I always had my case worker with me ,thankfully my new doctor is one floor .I wont go to her I cannot right now she is to pushy this is my regular doctor not my shrink she doesnt get my mental illness at all she says she understands when clearly she doesnt.What part of agoraphobia dont they get anyway? I find that my therapist were to darn pushy.Get out more ya sure. I can barely walk now. Sometimes they can be very intimidating .
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Dust to Dust, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky