Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I noticed in my early 20s that I began to have happy feelings towards bad things. Like seeing someone wounded in an accident or hearing about a murder. I even catch myself smiling at these things from time to time but I dont really think they are funny. Well a part of me does though. What could this be?

May I ask you something? And if you don't want to answer I completely respect that! But I am wondering if you were abused in your life? Or did your parents or caretakers treat you in very unloving, unkind and mean ways?

I wonder and ask this because often times, people who have been severely hurt in their lives, feel some amount of comfort when others too are hurt. So I am wondering if maybe in a way it gives you comfort and a level of happiness to not feel so alone in your pain?

I could be totally wrong of course... just wondering. And again, if that is too invasive, please forgive me for asking!

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote