View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 06:22 PM

When I was diagnosed with aspergers they more or less took away the diagnosis of personality disorder. It was amazing. The SAME doctor that had treated me very harshly and like crap, suddenly became nice to me. Like I now was a little bit retarded, but still nice. So odd how a label can change professionals' behavior...

I had to giggle a little about not knowing how makeup works. I'm totally the same. I remember though that once during my early teens I tried my mom's makeup on secretly in the bathroom. I felt shameful doing that, like it was something I wasn't supposed to do, even though my surroundings actually started encouraging makeup around that time. I looked at myself in the mirror with the makeup on and I just burst into laughter and washed it off. I'm totally fine without war paint. I still don't know how to do makeup.

What's a bit hard not being "the other gender" is how to feel about ones body. My body ideal is being neither male or female, also I have the tendency to think androgynous people look the best. People might freak out more about not wanting to be either, than actually want to transition. People's prejudice can be quite harsh. And unfortunately it can spread even into professionals that should know better.

But I think with the right people to talk to, it could be a good way of finding out yourself. I hope for the latter for you.