View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Mar 22, 2019 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdknight34 View Post
Yes, that is absolutely true and I've certainly accepted it wasn't a good fit. However, I'm REALLY stuck on my decision to resign immediately over the phone, without the standard two-weeks notice. I've known some of these people for (18 months) when I worked for a subordinate company of theirs. This is how I got the job. This makes me look EXTREMELY unprofessional.

I was in a really bad place mentally and physically when I made the decision to quit, and this was after taking two days off for my symptoms. I simply could not muster the ability to spend any more time in that toxic environment in the condition I was in. I'm sure I did extensive damage to my reputation and am deathly afraid of this coming back to haunt me in the future. It may seem overly dramatic, but I've been bed ridden over this situation for 5 days with even worse depression than what I was trying to escape from the job. I cannot believe I did this.
The way you can easily spin doctor why you left that company is: I left for health reasons that prevented me from focusing on completing my work.

That's literally ALL you have to tell people. They don't need to know you hated that company and that it was toxic to your well-being. Just tell them you left for health reasons and leave it at that. Done. Spin-doctored.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healingme4me, redCanine3669