View Single Post
Dust to Dust

Member Since Feb 2014
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
Let me tell you something no you are not horrible.I had gone to about four different therapist and none of them helped me.All they would ever say you have to get out more if I could I would.They dont get my agoraphobia at all,You are very brave going on a elevator by yourself there is no way in hell I would do that.I always had my case worker with me ,thankfully my new doctor is one floor .I wont go to her I cannot right now she is to pushy this is my regular doctor not my shrink she doesnt get my mental illness at all she says she understands when clearly she doesnt.What part of agoraphobia dont they get anyway? I find that my therapist were to darn pushy.Get out more ya sure. I can barely walk now. Sometimes they can be very intimidating .
I guess in the end it's you who you are looking to better so you have to go with the best therapist that'll be the right match. I'm not someone who jumps into new things most of the times..maybe with some things I do but I guess with situational things not so much..so I always try and give people a chance..I was thinking it was maybe in my end..all I could hear myself say is she looked like a meth addict off the street and that I should be the one on the other side..I went to school for psych and I felt myself just analyzing it all. What kinds of things with agoraphobia bother you..I'm kind of new to this.. I went to my doctor for depression ocd and anxiety and was prescribed medication and referred to therapy and I have a follow up to discuss dosage. Do you get like extreme anxiety with driving? I think that might be one of my biggest things other than my coming to terms with my ocd.
Dust to Dust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote