Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
I feel like I am bad talking my parents, my life, my environment, spreading false info, and am guilty of all sorts of bad things. Like trying to tackle this is a crime of sorts.
Children are often taught not to speak badly of their parents. That's often where this feeling of guilt comes from when sitting and being honest about what experiences you had with them. Also, children are often drilled about behaving a certain way in public and they often see their parents behave differently in public then they do at home in private.

Quote:
I often never feel safe in public. I watch my back all the time. I am cautious. It’s scary for me.
I always was looking over my shoulder, thought that was normal but it's not. Turned out there were a lot of reasons for that I had not realized.

Being uncomfortable in public, especially noisy public places tends to be a common symptom of PTSD. I can't sit in noisey crowded restaurants, it overloads my senses. I don't like going into crowded stores either. I like outside, "space" and "nature" gives me comfort, just read recently that is common with ptsd sufferers too.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Findingreason

Thanks for this!
Calla lily12, Rose76