View Single Post
cureav
cureav has no updates.

10 yr Member
7 hugs
given
Default Mar 22, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Hi everyone!
I realised this statement a few relationships before.
Yes I find all the girls that I've been with before special, unique, but the lengths I go to ignore my own needs are unimaginable. I am not talking about drugs or those damaging relationships... I'd not tolerate that or stay in that kind of relationship, but whenever I come into a new relationship, my needs shrink to 10 percent and I let space her needs, wishes, expression of herself... to 90% of our total time and energy.
I go to great lengths in order to let the relationship work and last. It mostly goes to my expenses and then I ask myself, could I really be with any girl who I'm so loyal, patient,...
The cause to all of this I've found in one article:
"The Child of a Narcissistic Parent: Why Don’t I Meet My Needs?"
Currently I'm in a 3 year long relationship.
Yes, all people tolerate and be around others who are not much demanding, give attention, are responsible,.... that's me. But I am raised to care what others say and my personality is very flexible to needs of others.
I hate it cause I am always the last one to myself.
Sometimes I don't care if the relationship breaks cause I know that I wouldn't need to cater other people's feelings and needs so much. In that case it would be more energy left for myself.
Lastly, It doesn't matter with whom I'm in relationship cause I'll make it work at my own expenses and without a clue if I even really want to do that.

I would appreciate if someone has something to a person like me to say, if someone sees the fault in my brain software.

Thanks a lot!
cureav is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky