Thread: Sense of self
View Single Post
USMCBIPOLAR7

USMCBIPOLAR7 has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row Jimmy View Post
I lose my sense of self on a regular basis. I'm 53 and I'm at a point in my life where I'm asking the standard questions. What next? Where am I going? Is this all there is? I try very hard to gain a sense of direction but the day overwhelms me. I am a teacher and when I walk into school, I get bundled by the kids. Questions. Requests. I offer everything and get nothing in return, nothing I can use to define my day. In truth, I have a significant benefit in what I do - my day FLIES by. The days never drag. But in the end, I'm just an empty shell.

I’m 53 as well and feel a lot like that as well. I want to make a difference and make my mark but I am a stay at home dad caught in a circle of cleaning , cooking, transporting etc . I don’t get out much and feel alone a lot but I’ve been focused on my mental health a lot lately and next will add my physical health. It has been improving greatly and now I see myself as a successful parent who has accomplished a lot. My self image and eastern seem to be greatly impacted by my health. So I say all this because I came to realize our ability to see ourselves clearly depends on good health at least for me it does.
USMCBIPOLAR7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Row Jimmy