Thread: Love in therapy
View Single Post
Anonymous49809

Default Mar 23, 2019 at 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio View Post
I would agree with you that a form of the intense feelings of love and distress that might come from it (and the separation from your T) comes from infant and early childhood level of needs and attunement.

Do you feel like you've addressed whatever led to that type of attachment with your T1 and T2; therefore, possibly not having the needs that come from that space or have you "ran" from and "avoided" those topics? If you have addressed it, how were you able to address them without the activation of early childhood or infant emotional needs?

As for me, yep, I have dealt with this type of love. Yes it has been intense and distressing at times. It has also been beautiful and uplifting at other times. Right now it seems to be gone and I'm mourning the loss of it as I grapple with negative transference (lots of feelings of hate towards her) and frustrations with the real interactions/relationship. I mostly now feel like the disgruntled teen. Ah, the joys of therapy. FYI - I've been with my current T for a bit over 3 yrs now with increasing sessions pretty much annually so been going 3 x week for almost a year now.
I don’t think I’ve ran from my needs. I think I’m addressing those needs with my T, maybe a difference is that she meets my needs (not always straight away), so I’m not getting stuck.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote