View Single Post
ChickenNoodleSoup
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,301 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 07:54 AM

I started off by telling him a bit about my week, I had sprained my ankle and my partner had been diagnosed with Asperger's. T commented that he'd been thinking something like that, which surprised me a bit, I always felt that I share almost nothing about my boyfriend.

Mentioned that it's difficult to decide on what to discuss because during the week there's so many things, but they all disappear so quickly again and don't seem relevant anymore by the time I'm there.

T asked about our session last week, what I remember about it. It wasn't much, I had looked at him once and remembered being happy about that. Then I realized I'd been angry with T during that session. I told him that it'd been gone by the time I left.

He said how I always used to deny ever feeling angry, so he felt it was a rather important session. He told me that he probably provoked me a bit back then. I said usually I'd wait to tell him if I'm angry until the week after. It's a very difficult feeling to have, it's far too strong and hard to control. He said how I probably show a lot through my body language but that's hard to read.

At some point I mentioned that it's difficult to show when you're angry because when you're sad or scared, people feel for you and try to help. But when you're angry, they judge you for it, tell you to stop or get angry back. He replied with something that sounded like he'd never realized that.

We talked a bit about my childhood, how I'd often been very aggressive back then, but at some point during high school completely switched and didn't show any anger ever anymore.

Then, T wanted to talk about my partner. I made a joke about how our diagnosis are a good fit for each other. T said that maybe we are both unconsciously searching for the emotional part we struggle with in the other. We talked a bit more about that.

I decided that I wanted to go back to anger stuff, we talked about my parents and how they used to fight and how especially my mom reacted when I was angry. I told him that I often want to destroy things when I'm mad which actually was really difficult last week. It takes a lot of control not to hit the chair or kick the wall. T said how it's good to feel small doses of anger with him.

We got quiet. T asked what I'm thinking about. I said I'd been missing him, had been reading a lot of my old notes on sessions and such. He told me that he's here now and that we can concentrate on being together now. He suggested I could look at him, but at first I was too scared. I managed later on for a couple of times, but told him that it's also just nice to hear his voice.

He asked about my job, I've been working there for almost two months now. I mentioned having a bit of trouble with one of my office mates. That guy's mom has just been diagnosed with dementia and shares some of his issues with that with me and the other guy who's in my office. That's difficult for me due to me right away feeling bad for the guy, worry about getting dementia myself, worry about everyone else in my life getting it... T said how I absorb other people's feelings too quickly.

We talked a bit more about the people there, how I like it. I told him that I like most of the people, but one guy annoys me, since he didn't greet me one time. T suggested that the next time I say 'hi' and he doesn't reply, I should go after him, wave in his face and go 'hiiii'. I tried to convince him that this is a horrible idea and anyone normal would either be upset or weirded out if I did that, but T didn't seem to think so.

Then we wrapped up, T gave me a new prescription for my meds, shortly asked about side effects, then told me to call him if something came up before next session.

Hugs from:
Omers, SlumberKitty