Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

5 yr Member
493 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I lost the extra weight after adding whole wheat back into my diet along with more fruits and vegetables. I also tried to drink more fluids and reduce sodium. I'm not counting calories. I'm just eating based on what a diabetic needs to eat to keep blood glucose low. That's how I lost 30 pounds.
If you were tracking calories, it would show a calorie deficit since you lost weight. But you can make the math work without doing the math, just like you can live within your means without tracking every penny. You make thrifty choices and watch the balance rise until you get a buffer you are comfortable with and then you keep an eye on that balance and adjust spending habits to keep it reasonably stable.

I am not diabetic and I enjoy treats too much to give them up if I really don't have to. But I can't seem to keep it under control without tracking, at least not yet. It's difficult to allow calorie dense foods without tracking, though you can do it by watching the scale and/or how clothes fit.

I have lost weight in the past without tracking, but I would do it by adopting a diet that I couldn't sustain long term; radical departures from how I had been eating. With tracking I have been able to adjust portions and frequency of high calorie items.

I hope I am able to learn to do this without tracking everything every day. I envy people who adjust to a sustainable diet and get to a healthy weight and maintain it. By sustainable, I mean a diet you can be happy with indefinitely.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|