View Single Post
Foo Fighter

Foo Fighter has no updates.

5 yr Member
87 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM

It's me again. My husband and I had a talk in Janary and we feel that we are ready for children. It will probably take six months to a year and a half as I went in Depo for birth control and that stuff takes up to a year or more to fully wear off. We did not want to tell my parents because they will be first time grandparents and we wanted to surprise them. We have only told his mother and she is happy for us. Now let's go to my folks......they tend to worry a lot and my mom flat out told me right after my sister got engaged a few weeks ago no babies. I wasn't sure what to tell her......I was pissed because she does get overbearing and this is one of those things where she has to stay out of. I fumbled and said I couldn't really guarantee anything and I hear this: "You don't have a good enough car? Don't you have enough money? Have you even thought about childcare? I can't deal with a baby and a wedding!!!!!!" I can understand the last bit but I told her that I wouldn't be upset if she took care of the wedding first as my husband and I will take care of our end. Also the bride to be hasn't given a date and I hope to discuss it with her so we can make sure her day goes smoothly and I don't show up full term ( we are not pregnant yet btw). Also we have been able to pay our bills and the mortgage and while our cars are a bit small for a family I think we can make it work. We plan to sell my husband's truck and my husband and I discussed putting the money into savings for baby needs down the line. Childcare? I think we will cross that bridge when we get to it as our work schedules tend to overlap a little. I can see where I am being selfish but at the same I don't wish to upstage her. It's her day, my husband and I want to make it work. But I don't know what to do with my mother if the baby subject comes up again. Her no babies nag has me too worried to even tell her when the time comes and it does happen. Sorry if it's long and selfish but I'm really not sure how to explain that this is what my husband and I want to do and it's our choice.
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Open Eyes