Chat Moderator

Member Since Dec 2016
4,864 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Children are often taught not to speak badly of their parents. That's often where this feeling of guilt comes from when sitting and being honest about what experiences you had with them. Also, children are often drilled about behaving a certain way in public and they often see their parents behave differently in public then they do at home in private.

I always was looking over my shoulder, thought that was normal but it's not. Turned out there were a lot of reasons for that I had not realized.

Being uncomfortable in public, especially noisy public places tends to be a common symptom of PTSD. I can't sit in noisey crowded restaurants, it overloads my senses. I don't like going into crowded stores either. I like outside, "space" and "nature" gives me comfort, just read recently that is common with ptsd sufferers too.

So true. My parents did not like to be "disrespected". They still are that way today. I feel like they are watching me whenever I talk about this stuff, even though I know they do not.

I'm still not fully understanding why I watch my back so much in public...yet. It's probably rooted somewhere. "Space" and "nature" help me too. I love going to my in law's summer cabin cause its in the middle of nowhere and everything is super quiet and peaceful. Noise bothers me too. Especially shrill and shouting kinds.
Findingreason is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MtnTime2896, Open Eyes