View Single Post
redCanine3669

redCanine3669 has no updates.

5 yr Member
397 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 12:12 PM

i'm noticing that driving can be a very important skill. I might get myself a driver's license, even for driving trucks.

I didn't want to learn driving because I don't know anything about cars. Rather, I knew that cars require gas/oil and that can make them financially and environmentally dangerous. I also don't think I can afford to buy or maintain a car.

But a lot of men like me are in the automotive industry.

Even the significant employees of my local government (like police, firefighters, and sanitation workers) have vehicles. So knowing how to drive can be very beneficial.

Even with respect to meeting basic needs, transportation is important. People import food from other locations, and they need drivers and trucks to transport that foods. Even people who work in housing construction sites need trucks to carry heavy loads.

Men like me were laborers, but technology seemed to have affected the hand labor market. I feel vehicles are an example of that technology and transformation of the hand labor industry. So driving skills, especially with trucks, can be very useful for me; regardless of whether or not I own a vehicle.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote