View Single Post
Terry Dyroff
Newly Joined
Terry Dyroff has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 01:00 PM

I have “anxiety pain”. This is what I call it, but I’ve never talked to a therapist who seems to recognize it, so I’m posting a description to see if others have had the same experience. It feels like an “adrenaline rush” except at about 5% of the intensity you get if suddenly frightened, but constant. The pain is located primarily in my upper arms, but when severe can move into my chest area and even legs. The intensity varies and even though it hasn’t affected me throughout my life, I’ve had periods of it lasting a month or two every 5-10 years of my life since a serious depression/anxiety episode 40 years ago. I’m currently experiencing the longest lasting episode I’ve had – about 6 months. This began because of anxiety over a physical problem, but as often is the case, the concern that initiates the pain goes away and I’m left with this constant “aching”. I refer to it only as a pain because I’m not “anxious” about much of anything on a conscious level, nor am I depressed. I feel it is related to anxiety though for two reasons - the only two things that can relieve the pain are a good nights sleep or the drug clonazepam (Klonopin). I’ve tried and am trying other medicines designed to be taken regularly for depression/anxiety like Wellbutrin and Mirtazapine. It’s hard to tell whether these help or not because they are long-term, slow acting things, unlike Klonopin, which acts within a half hour and I can definitely associate the pain relief with the drug. So what I’d like to know to begin with, is there anyone else out there that has suffers from
anxiety pain" and, of course, what, if anything, have you found to help relieve the it. Thanks. Body chemistry is a strange thing and there may only be a few others out there who even know what I'm talking about, but just maybe, someone else has discovered something to relieve the pain that I haven't.
Terry Dyroff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks